RESOLUTE FOCUS ON SAFETY, THE COMMUNITIES, AND THE ENVIRONMENT
SSMRC is committed to ensuring the highest standards of safety, environmental sustainability, and community empowerment. We genuinely respect the scarcity of the world’s natural resources and always operate responsibly in the communities where we operate.
Our sustainability initiatives include reducing our carbon footprint through energy efficiency, limiting waste and environmental pollutants on site, ensuring water quality and availability, and minimizing the impact on wildlife and biodiversity through conservation, reclamation, and recycling efforts.
SSMRC has also taken a proactive approach to minimize its environmental impact by holding itself to the highest environmental standards, including:
- lining its tailings storage facility to prevent soil and groundwater contamination
- creating and maintaining a local nursery for preservation of local vegetation
- cooling and treatment facilities for water prior to discharge
- encasing its crushed ore conveyance system and stockpile to minimize the effect of airborne contaminants and dust contamination to the environment.
- Environmental Stewardship
- Energy Efficiency & Consumption
- Water Conservation & Reuse
- Wildlife Protection and Biodiversity Conservation
We are always identifying opportunities to minimize our environmental impact while empowering economic vitality in the communities where we operate.
We work to curb and control energy consumption in our mining operations, always aiming to reduce our energy consumption needs and evaluating potential renewable energy sources.